The HUB is seeking an Open Shop Lead
Job Summary: The HUB is a Community Bicycle shop where we teach and empower people to fix their own bikes. The Open Shop Lead Mechanic’s job is to nurture a safe and comfortable environment for clients and volunteers so that they can participate fully in our shop and get the most out of their experience. We are looking for a dependable, community oriented person who wants to share their love of bicycles and building community. As we grow, we are looking for people that want to take on leadership in our shop and grow with us.
Organization Hiring: BikeVentura) a 501(c)(3) non-profit. www.bikeventura.org
Please send all correspondence to: email@example.com or
490 N. Ventura Ave.
Ventura, CA 93001
You can also call our office at (805)641-2665
Reports to: Program Manager and Executive Director
Classification: Part-time, Compensation: hourly, funding dependant position.
Location: Ventura, Oxnard, CA
Hourly Rate: $14
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Experience and skills in teaching, training, coaching, advocating, and working with the public.
- Demonstrates ability to set up and manage an efficient and comfortable shop space.
- Background in Community based projects (personal, non-profit, community service)
- Have access to and experience with working phone and internet access, social media.
- Uses bicycles as a key form of transportation and knowledge of safety skills.
- Experience with or desire to learn bicycle mechanics,
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Run Open Shop, assist volunteers, and help provide a positive educational experience for clients.
Operation of Cash register including sales as well as opening and closing.
Prepping shop before/after hours for a successful day.
Greeting and signing in everyone while welcoming them into the space
Communications with Program manager and other staff to maintain healthy and successful shop.
Recruit new volunteers and clients come in and enjoy the HUB.
Help with volunteer care and appreciation, developing a relationship of trust and respect.
Recognize, guide, or alert other staff if a volunteer or client is not working well with the HUB.
Attend staff planning and training meetings.
Assist in bicycle safety classes for the public.
Other duties as assigned.
BikeVentura is an equal opportunity employer